Eileen Chapman, Councilperson
Business Phone: 732-502-4570
Email Eileen Chapman (preferred method of contact)
First Elected: May 2016
As a resident of Asbury Park since 1974, I have seen our City both thrive and struggle. I am honored to be a Council Member at a time when there is so much positive momentum on so many fronts. My committment to ensuring this city is consistently a great place to live, work, create, and play runs deep.
My major concerns are:
- Helping the City balance the equation between development and preservation. As development proceeds, I will work to maintain the character of Asbury Park by mediating the diverse needs of businesses and of all residents
- I am on the sustainability committee and am dedicated to renewing a city-wide effort to include the schools, the residents, and the businesses of Asbury Park in being active partners with the government in improving our environment - politically, culturally, and economically.
- Improving the water quality of our lakes and preserving Bradley Cove are priorities. With land preservation and improved water quality comes improved recreational spaces for our residents and for our visitors.
I raised my family in Asbury Park and I believe in the strength and the character of our City. Currently, a lot of hopes and dreams are being made real through the dedication and the collaborative hard work of our businesses and residents. My hope for our City is that tomorrow’s Asbury Park will be like nothing we have ever seen before.
I am currently the Director of the Bruce Springsteen Archives & Center for American Music for Monmouth University.
I have a deep work history in business management, arts management and preservation. Among other things, I was:
- An Entertainment Director of the Clearwater Festival
- A founding Member and Coordinator of Riverfest Jazz and Blues Festival
- A founding member of the Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Foundation
- Former general manager of several entertainment venues including the Stone Pony and the Fast Lane
Community Organizations / Boards Served
- Asbury Angels Board member
- Asbury Park Historical Foundation Board member
- Asbury Park Museum
- Asbury Park Music Foundation Board member
- City of Asbury Park Green Team
- City of Asbury Park Quality of Life Committee
- City of Asbury Park Recreation Committee
- Mid-Atlantic Region Archives
- MOCO Arts
- Music Library Association
- Sunset Lake Commission
- Wesley Lake Commission