Tax & Sewer Collections
Important Note: All City facilities are currently closed to the public. During this time, payments can be made online or dropped off at the after-hours drop box to the left of the main entrance of City Hall at 1 Municipal Plaza. For information, 732-502-5198.
The Tax & Sewer Collections Department is responsible for billing, collection, recording and enforcement of tax and sewer revenue. As a statutory officer of the State of New Jersey, the Tax Collector is obligated to follow all State Statutes regarding property tax collection--including billing, due dates, interest on delinquent payments and tax sale procedures.
Tax & Sewer Payment Annual Due Dates
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1 (pay by November 10 to avoid being included in the annual Tax Sale)
Payments can be made in-person at the Tax & Sewer Collections Office located at 1 Municipal Plaza. There is also an after-hours drop box to the left of the main entrance.
Drop Box Payments
There is also a drop box located to the left of the City Hall main entrance for after-hours payments. Please use an envelope and do not deposit cash in the drop box.
For most of the year, payments can be made by check (payable to City of Asbury Park), cash or money order. At the end of the year during an Accelerated Tax Sale, payments can only be accepted by cash, certified check or money order.
Please note your Block/Lot/ Qual. Number, owner’s name, property location, amount and quarter you are paying.
- What is the current tax rate for 2019?
- When are bills mailed?
- What if I don’t receive my bill?
- Does the City of Asbury Park send delinquent notices?
- Do postmarks count?
- Is there a grace period?
- If an account had delinquencies on it, do you still accept the current year payment?
- What is a tax sale?
- What is the difference between a tax sale and an accelerated tax sale?
- What is a lien and how do I get a lien off my property?
- Does the City of Asbury Park hold an accelerated tax sale and how does it work?