To view past Planning Board meetings through APTV, click here.
Links to view applications for upcoming Planning Board meetings can be found below. Please contact the Board Secretary with any questions or assistance with documents at 732-502-5724 or Marie.Rodrigues@cityofasburypark.com
Current applications before the Planning Board:
527 BANGS AVENUE / 512-514 SUMMERFIELD AVENUE, BLOCK 3101, LOTS 2, 3, 9 & 10 / PEARLBUD REALTY, LLC; SACKMAN ASSET MGMT; SHARED EQUITIES, CO.
700-704 MONROE AVENUE/500 MAIN STREET, BLOCK 2503, LOTS 1-5 / MONROE AVENUE REALTY, LLC.
900-901 MATTISON AVENUE, BLOCK 603, LOTS 3-9 & BLOCK 607, LOT 8 / DENHOLTZ PROPERTIES
1201 MEMORIAL DRIVE REDEVELOPMENT PLAN, BLOCK 203, LOT 5
(PLANNING BOARD RECOMMENDED 11/6/23)
302 ATKINS AVENUE, INTERFAITH NEIGHBORS, LLC., BLOCK 1203, LOT 1
(PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 11/6/23)
1401 KINGSLEY STREET, BLOCK 4205, LOTS 2 & 3 / PHM SUNSET SQUARE, LLC.
(PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 11/20/23)
- Complete Application Documents
- Professional Reports
Avenue Amendment, 614 Cookman, LLC, Block 2404, Lot 6
(PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 10/16/23)
2023 Amendment to the 2019 Asbury Park Housing Element and Fair Share Plan
Proposed State of New Jersey Electric Vehicle Ordinance
(PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 9/18/23)
CITY OF ASBURY PARK ARTS & CULTURE PLAN
1012 Asbury Avenue, Shared Equities, CO, Monroe Avenue Realty, LLC, Block 501, Lots 1 & 2 (PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 7/17/23)
*407 LAKE AVENUE RESOLUTION AMENDMENT / TOLL BROTHERS ASBURY PARK RENEWAL, LLC / BLOCK 3103, LOT 1 (PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 7/17/23)
*115 Fourth Ave/1209 Ocean Ave/150 Fifth Ave, Somerset Asbury Park Renewal LLC, Block 4105, Lots 1, 3 & 4 (PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 7/17/23)
- Complete Application Documents
- Public Notice & Publication
- Professional Reports
- Supplemental Documents for 7.17.23
- Professional Reports for 7.17.23
Avenue, MA 917 3rd, LLC, Block 302, Lot 11 (PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 3/6/23)
Avenue, The Asbury Hotel Amendment, Block 4104, Lot 13 (PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 2/6/23)
Avenue, 614 Cookman, LLC, Block 2404, Lot 6 (PLANNING BOARD APPROVED 2/6/23)
* K. Hovnanian Holdings NJ, LLC, 216 Third & 215 Second Avenues Block 4003, Lots 1-2, 12-14 & 16 (Planning Board APPROVED 7/11/22)
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Complete Site Plan Application Documents
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Complete Subdivision Application Documents
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Referral from Council/TRC Documents
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Public Notice & Publication
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Board Exhibits/Reports
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Revised/Supplemental Documents
- 216 3rd/215 2nd Supplemental Exhibits
- 216 3rd/215 2nd
* Council Referral of Redevelopment Plan 1201 Memorial Drive (Planning Board REFERRED TO COUNCIL 2/7/22; 1/24/22)
* Amendment to the CBD Redevelopment Plan to permit a microbrewery, Block 2404 (Planning Board RECOMMENDED 6/21/21)
* Referral of the Municipal "Opt-Out" Ordinance (Planning Board RECOMMENDED 6/21/21)
* Asbury Park Beach Club, Asbury Partners, LLC- 1500 Ocean Avenue, Blocks 4502 Lot 1.123 (Planning Board Reconsideration 9/27/21; APPROVED 6/7/21; 01/25/21; 12/14/20; 11/16/20; 10/19/20; 9/14/20; 2/24/20; 2/3/20; 1/27/20; 12/9/19; 10/28/19; 9/9/19; 8/12/19; 6/24/19; 5/29/19):
- AP Beach Club Supplemental Documents for 9/14/20 Meeting
- AP Beach Club Supplemental Documents for 12/14/20 Meeting
- AP Beach Club Marked Applicant Exhibits (Revised for 12-14-2020 PB Meeting)
- AP Beach Club Marked Board Exhibits (Revised for 10-19-2020 PB Meeting)
- AP Beach Club Marked Opposition Exhibits (Revised for 10-19-2020 PB Meeting)
- AP Beach Club InSite Planning Report for 11/16/20 Meeting
- AP Beach Club Fence Study for 3/18/21 DRC Meeting
- AP Beach Club Updated Fence Study for 5/21/21 DRC Meeting
- AP Beach Club Supplemental letters re: reconsideration for 9/27/21 meeting
- Beach Club Reconsideration Documents
* City of Asbury Park Stormwater Control Ordinance - (Planning Board Meeting APPROVED 03/01/2021; 02/22/21):
- AP Stormwater Ordinance for 2-22-2021 PB Meeting
- Revised AP Stormwater Ordinance for 3-1-2021 PB Meeting
- Approved Resolution to Council w/ Amendment
* Amendments to the City of Asbury Park Zoning Ordinance/Land Development Regulations - (Planning Board APPROVED 02/22/21; 02/04/21; 12/07/20; 10/5/20):
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments-Complete Documents
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments- Revised for 12-7-2020 PB Meeting
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments- Revised for 2-4-2021 Special PB Meeting
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments- Revised for 2-22-2020 PB Meeting
- Council Referring Resolutions
* Amendments to the Main Street Redevelopment Plan (Planning Board APPROVED 5/3/21)
- Generally twice each month on the first and third Mondays at 7 p.m.
- City Hall
1 Municipal Plaza
City Council Chambers (Bangs Avenue Entrance)
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following board approval.
About the Planning Board
The City of Asbury Park Planning Board is comprised of 9 regular members, and 2 alternates.
The Planning Board is responsible for the creation and adoption of the City Master Plan (PDF). It also reviews most applications for development including site plan, subdivision, and conditional use applications. All development applications for projects within a redevelopment area are also reviewed by the Planning Board.
The Planning Board also acts in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and City Council when new land development regulations, or changes to existing land development regulations, are proposed. The Planning Board provides comments and recommendations to the Mayor and City Council prior to any ordinance being adopted.
To Submit an Application to the Planning Board
Submit completed application forms (see Resource section below), along with all required documents, to Michele Alonso, Director of Planning and Redevelopment for review.