Zoning Board of Adjustment
All Zoning Board meetings will be VIRTUAL until further notice.
Links to view applications for upcoming Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings can be found below. Contact the Board Secretary with any questions or assistance with documents at 732-502-5724 or email@example.com.
Current Applications for Upcoming Zoning Board Meetings:
*503 Eighth Avenue, 503 8th Ave LLC, Block 3201, Lot 14 (Zoning Board CARRIED to 1/25/22; 1/11/22)
*830 Dunlewy, Justin Neden, Block 3504, Lot 16 (Zoning Board Carried to 1/25/22; 1/11/22; 11/9/21)
*1212 Sunset Avenue, Rimal, Block 2303, Lot 6 (Zoning Board Carried to 1/25/22; 12/14/21)
- 1212 Sunset Complete Application Documents
- 1212 Sunset Board Professional Reports
- 1212 Sunset Notices
- 1212 Sunset Revised Documents for 1/25/22 Hearing
*904 Heck Street, Dunn et. al, Block 3303, Lot 16 (Zoning Board DENIED 12/14/21)
*1117 Sunset , Jean & Marise Beauvil, Block 2301, Lot 11 (Zoning Board DENIED 11/9/21)
- 1117 Sunset Complete Application Documents
- 1117 Sunset Board Planner Reports (CCH)
- 1117 Sunset Notices
- Generally the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- City Hall
1 Municipal Plaza
City Council Chambers (Bangs Avenue Entrance)
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
- Rules for Public Comment
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Zoning Board of Adjustment
The City of Asbury Park Zoning Board of Adjustment (Zoning Board) is responsible for deciding on certain types of variance applications including "d" or use type variances. The Zoning Board is also responsible for deciding on "c" or bulk type variances except where they are ancillary to an application for subdivision, site plan, or conditional use permit reviews.
The Zoning Board also has the power to hear an appeal of the decision of the Zoning Officer, and has the power to hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map, and the City’s land development regulations.
The Zoning Board is comprised of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members.
To Submit an Application to the Zoning Board
Submit completed application forms (see Resource section below), along with all required documents, to Michele Alonso, Director of Planning and Redevelopment for review.
- Application for Interpretation or Appeal (DOC)
- Variance Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Site Plan Application and Checklist (DOC)
- Subdivision Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Political Contribution Statement (PDF)
- Request for Certified Property Owner List from Municipal Tax Assessor (PDF)
- W-9 Form required for all escrow accounts (PDF)