Zoning Board of Adjustment
Links to view applications for upcoming Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings can be found below. Contact the Board Secretary with any questions or assistance with documents at 732-502-5724 or email@example.com.
Current Applications for Upcoming Zoning Board Meetings:
*807 Memorial Drive/ 906 First Avenue, Breakwater Treatment & Wellness Corp, Block 403, Lots 6 & 2 (Zoning Board 8/9/22)
- 807 Memorial Complete Application Documents
- 807 Memorial Board Professional Reports
- 807 Memorial Notices
- 807 Memorial Supplemental Documents for 8/9/22 Meeting
*300 Sixth Avenue, Dunn, Block 3606, Lot 5 (Zoning Board 7/26/22)
*1606 Fourth Avenue, Morris & Kustka, Block 2010, Lot 3 (Zoning Board CARRIED to 8/9/22; 7/26/22)
- 1606 4th Complete Application Documents
- 1606 4th Board Professional Reports
- 1606 4th Notices
- 1606 4th Revised/Supplemental Documents for 8/9/22
*1205 Pine Street, Barnett, Andrea & Scott, Block 2201, Lot 10 (Zoning Board CARRIED to 8/9/22; 6/28/22)
- 1205 Pine Complete Application Documents
- 1205 Pine Board Professional Reports
- 1205 Pine Notices
- 1205 Pine Revised/Supplemental Documents for 8/9/22
*412 Second Avenue, Joyner, Christin, Block: 3302 Lot:3 (Zoning Board CARRIED to 9/20/22; 7/12/22)
RECENTLY APPROVED/COMPLETED APPLICATIONS:
*503 Eighth Avenue, 503 8th Ave LLC, Block 3201, Lot 14 (Zoning Board DENIED
- 503 Eighth Complete Application Documents
- 503 Eighth Board Professional Reports
- 503 Eighth Notices
- 503 Eighth Revised/Supplemental Documents for 4/26/22 (Carried to 5/10/22) Meeting
*1411 Memorial Drive, Thomas J. Caltabilota, MS DVM LLC, Block 103, Lot 4 (Zoning Board APPROVED Special Meeting 6/14/22; 5/24/22; 4/12/22)
- 1411 Memorial Complete Application Documents
- 1411 Memorial Board Professional Reports
- 1411 Memorial Notices
- 1411 Memorial Revised/Supplemental Documents for 5/24/22 Meeting
- Generally the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- City Hall
1 Municipal Plaza
City Council Chambers (Bangs Avenue Entrance)
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
- Rules for Public Comment
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Zoning Board of Adjustment
The City of Asbury Park Zoning Board of Adjustment (Zoning Board) is responsible for deciding on certain types of variance applications including "d" or use type variances. The Zoning Board is also responsible for deciding on "c" or bulk type variances except where they are ancillary to an application for subdivision, site plan, or conditional use permit reviews.
The Zoning Board also has the power to hear an appeal of the decision of the Zoning Officer, and has the power to hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map, and the City’s land development regulations.
The Zoning Board is comprised of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members, all of whom are volunteer residents of the City.
To Submit an Application to the Zoning Board
Submit completed application forms (see Resource section below), along with all required documents, to Michele Alonso, Director of Planning and Redevelopment for review.