Getting to, and around, Asbury Park
Getting to Asbury Park
A short 90-minute drive from both New York City and Philadelphia, the City is also served by both public and private transportation services, making it easy to get to Asbury Park.
The Asbury Park Transportation Center is located at 801 Springwood Avenue at Main Street and provides access to mass transit options
Asbury Park is a train stop on New Jersey Transits' North Jersey Coast Line from New York City's Penn Station to Bay Head, New Jersey. For schedules and fares, visit the NJ Transit website.
Asbury Park is served by NJ Transit Buses with routes throughout New Jersey. For schedules and fares, visit the NJ Transit website.
Private commuter bus company, Academy Bus also serves Asbury Park. For schedules and fares, visit the Academy Bus website.
Commuters and visitors from New York City can travel to Asbury Park via ferry servicing nearby towns.
From Atlantic Highlands and Highlands, New Jersey: Seastreak Ferry. For schedules and fares, visit the Seastreak website.
From Belford, New Jersey: New York Waterway Ferry. For schedules and fares, visit New York Waterway website.
Asbury Park is served by several nearby international and regional airports.
- Monmouth Executive Airport (BLM), Wall Township, NJ (9 miles)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Newark, NJ (44 miles)
- JFK International Airport (JFK), Jamaica, NY (67 miles)
- Atlantic City International Airport (ACY), Atlantic City, NJ (73 miles)
- La Guardia Airport (LGA), Queens, NY (74 miles)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), Philadelphia, PA (84 miles)
From New York City:
- New Jersey Turnpike south to Exit 11
- Garden State Parkway south to Exit 102
- Bear right off the Exit ramp onto Asbury Avenue
- Continue east following the signs to Asbury Park
- Take I-95 North to I-195 East to Route 18 North to Route 66/Asbury Avenue East
- Take Asbury Avenue East and follow signs to Asbury Park
Getting Around Asbury Park
The City of Asbury Park a very walkable 1.6 square miles. Most destinations are reachable on foot or by bicycle. There are also a number of private transportation options available.
Asbury Park is home to the first electric scooter share program at the Jersey Shore with stations throughout the City. For information, fares and to sign up, click here.
Residents and visitors can take advantage of the free Jitney serving Asbury Park from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
The Free Ride offers a free route around the City. For information, visit the Free Ride website.
Ride with Pride offers pedicab service in Asbury Park. For information and fares, visit the Ride with Pride website.
Local taxi services include Surf Taxi (732-774-5500) and Tops Taxi (732-776-7711).