The City of Asbury Park appreciates your patience with snow removal during this significant storm. As Public Works continues to clean up from Winter Storm Kenan, please remember:
• Property owners are responsible for removing snow from sidewalks along their property within 24 hours of the end of snowfall (48 hours if a State of Emergency has been declared) per the City Code. Please clear all sidewalks by 5pm today, Monday 1/31. Enforcement will begin tomorrow, Tuesday 2/1.
• Cars should be moved out of snowed in parking lanes to allow for plowing, when possible.
• Vehicles that are double-parked, parked in front of a fire hydrant, or otherwise impeding the City's cleanup efforts will be ticketed.
• When shoveling, place snow up on the curb and out of the street to prevent it from ending up blocking a driveway. Please do not throw snow into the street.
• Please be sure to keep fire hydrants clear of snow.
Sign up for Nixle for emergency alerts and advisories. Text your zip code to 888-777 or visit http://www.nixle.com/
For questions about snow removal, contact City of Asbury Park Public Works at 732-775-0900.